What are OEM Trace Consumables?
As the intellectual property owner, the original manufacturer is the only one able to produce consumables that are created directly for its equipment and unlike other consumables, won’t risk compromising the explosive detector or its results. With Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) trace detection consumables you are removing the doubt that comes with the unknown. When you buy OEM, you don’t have to worry about assessing the quality of different brands and prices while still leaving the possibility of choosing a product that will not work correctly. Because they fit better, function more cleanly and are made with top quality materials, you can count on OEM products.
Although variety in aftermarket parts may be much larger than with OEM, the quality of material in these products is widely variable and unpredictable. The large number of companies producing aftermarket parts also means fewer controls on quality and while some may use good materials, many others use inferior components to save money during manufacturing. With original manufacturer products however, you are getting the best materials possible every time from a consistent and knowledgeable source. OEM consumables for trace detection systems also offer the unique ability to optimize performance. Manufacturer brand ETD consumables are expressly made to maximize performance of their equipment. This means they will work exactly as the ones you are replacing and will provide a peace of mind in their familiarity and performance. Additionally, non-manufacturer product use means that performance and efficiencies cannot be guaranteed to match cataloged data. Calibration and verification OEM products are one specific example of this, as they are the only ones that can be optimized to minimize clearing times that may render machines inoperable.
US Testing Equipment (TSA Trace) is an official distributor of Rapiscan trace equipment and consumables. We are proud to be a woman-owned small business partner of Rapiscan Systems (previously Morpho Detection) and the only TSA BPA approved distributor of OEM ETD consumables for Itemiser DX, Itemiser 4DX, MobileTrace and Vapor Tracer.
What are the advantages of OEM ETD Supplies?
- Rapiscan (previously Morpho Detection) consumables are expressly made to maximize performance of Rapiscan products. They will work exactly as the ones you are replacing and provide a peace of mind in their familiarity and performance.
- Because Rapiscan is the intellectual property owner of its consumables and the OEM of the products they’re created for, Rapiscan consumables are the optimal choice for use with their products and, unlike other consumables, won’t risk compromising equipment.
- OEM consumables are designed for top trace detection equipment performance and customer convenience. Calibration and verification products are optimized to minimize clearing times that can render machines inoperable.
- Because they fit better, function more cleanly and are made with top quality materials, you can count on them.
- Non-OEM use means that performance and efficiencies cannot be guaranteed to match cataloged data
- If you're not familiar with aftermarket brands, the selection could be overwhelming, and there's some chance you may get a bad quality part. With Rapiscan consumables, you don't have to worry about assessing the quality of different brands and prices.
- While the variety in aftermarket parts may be much larger than with OEM, the large number of companies producing aftermarket parts also means fewer controls on quality.
- The quality of material in aftermarket products is widely variable. Some use good materials, some use inferior materials to save money during manufacturing. Rapiscan uses the best materials possible every time.
- Simple to use and reliable, TSAtrace.com is the easiest way to get consumables every time. 3 ordering options and 24-hour order turnaround of Rapiscan certified consumables takes the guess work and uncertainty out of ordering new products.
- TSAtrace.com offers consistent pricing. Therefore, there is no need for shopping and looking around for the best deals.
Save Money in the Long Run
- OEM consumables will last longer than aftermarket ones. Non-OEM products give you a much higher likelihood that you will have to replace them again in the near future.
- The saying "you get what you pay for" rings true here. Aftermarket parts can be inferior because of the use of lower-quality materials.
- The lower quality and efficiency means that they will likely cost more in the long run.
- Rapiscan’s commitment to customers’ business drives constant innovation to reduce total cost of ownership for trace detection equipment
- Rapiscan consumables are continuously sourced to help decrease TCO.